You can make a changing difference to the patients and staff of the Mercy Hospital by setting up a Facebook Fundraiser.
Will you walk 300,000 steps for the Mercy this February and raise vital funds for Cancer patients in Cork?
It’s a tough challenge, but we can do this together while helping Cancer patients in the Mercy!
To take part, make sure you join our Facebook Group so you can meet others just like you doing the challenge and see how others are doing!
You can also download a Facebook cover for your event so everyone can see what challenge you are doing by clicking here.
Any questions? Take a look at the FAQs below, or email Caitriona on email@example.com. You can also reach out through the Facebook group, and our community might also be able to help!
Do I have to do all the steps in one go?
No, you can spread the steps across the month and just do as many as you can. Some days you will have more then others. You can only do your best!
How do I keep track of the steps I am doing?
We have made this one easy for you, you can use the tracker sheet we have sent out to you with your pack! Or if you have another way that suits you, you can use that too!
How do I prove I have done the 300,000 steps?
As part of this challenge, you will be asked to set up a 300,000 steps in February Facebook Fundraising Page for the Mercy Hospital Foundation, where you can post your distances weekly or after every run depending on preference. These pages are linked to us and we’ll be able to see your progress.
How do I setup a Facebook Fundraiser Page?
Visit https://www.facebook.com/fund/MercyHospitalFoundationCork/ and wait for the pop-up to set up a page. Be sure to add 300,000 steps in February in your page title so we can easily find you and make double sure the end date is set to 4th of March 2021.
Can I do more than 300, 000 steps?
Yes of course! 300, 000 steps is a challenge for some but not everyone! So if you feel you want to challenge yourself more we would be more than happy to see your progress!
When will I get my sponsorship pack?
After you register for your tshirt, you will get your sponsorship pack in the post shortly afterwards. We will send these in bulk but we will try out best to have them to you before you start your challenge!
Can I get a physical sponsorship card?
Yes of course, just get in touch with us here and we can arrange to have you one sent in the post!
How do I send in funds raised on my sponsorship card?
You can send us your sponsorship money a few ways.
- You can make a donation to your fundraiser for the amount on your sponsor card, but make sure to send us a picture of the card and then destroy it!
- Pop into our office in 4 Washington Street West, Cork!
- Use our online donations system here on our website using your debit/credit card. Just click the ‘donate now’ button and click on ‘one-off donation’ and follow the instructions, please mention your name and the challenge in the part the part where it says “what prompted you to donate?”
- Pop a cheque in the post and return it to; Mercy University Hospital Foundation, 4 Washington Street West, Cork, Ireland with a note with your name and referencing the Challenge!
- You can return your funds at your local Ulster Bank – just let us know and we can send you our details.
My Friend who is not on Facebook would like to donate – Can they do this?
If someone not on Facebook wants to donate, they should still be able to do so. You have a few options you can give them:
- They can give you the cash or transfer you the funds (via Revolut, PayPalMe, Online Banking etc) and you can add the donation to your fundraiser yourself.
- They can donate directly through out website on https://www.mercyfundraising.ie/donate/one-off-donation/ – if they do this please ask them to put your name and “300,000 steps in February” in the prompted section so funds can be allocated correctly.