Unfortunately due to the impending storm we have decided to postpone the event for 24 hours to SUNDAY 22nd of OCTOBER. Same times will apply.
We are extremely sorry for the late notice but please note we did our very best to keep the original date, however the safety of the participants and volunteers is paramount. Emails will be sent to all those who have already registered.
Once again the Mud Run is going ahead on SUNDAY 22nd of October.
Please share this message 😊
Sunday 22nd October 2017 (due to weather)
Get mucky for The Mercy! Help us raise funds for cancer services at The Mercy this year by getting down and dirty with D’hillbillies Mud Run at Gortnahown Farm, Mitchelstown. It is set to be a whole load of mucky fun with participants running, crawling, scrambling and sliding over the obstacles throughout the wet and wild course (6km & 12km). We are delighted to be working with the Mitchelstown Lions Club and the Curraghgulla Community Group on this exciting event. We’re also thrilled to have our media partner, Cork’s Red FM, on board again this year and new sponsors E.Tarrent & Sons Skoda Dealers in Mitcheltown.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
You can register on the day but you must arrive at least an hour before your preferred start time, to secure your place. Starts at 10am – 1pm. Registration on the day opens at 9am (look out for the Registration Desk). Pre-registered participants must bring along a copy of their registration email and check in with us 45 minutes before the allocated time to collect your race number (Remember, only the Team Captain needs to check-in on the day – the Team Captain will be given the team race number).
Special D’hillbillies souvenir t-shirts will be available on the day for pre-registered participants.
How much does it cost?
- €35 per person
- Team of 6-19 people ~ €33 per person
- Team of 20+ people ~ 1 Free and €30 per person
- Team of 30+ people ~ 2 Free and €30 per person
- Team of 40+ people ~ 3 Free and €30 per person
Please click the link bellow to see the Facebook Cover Art for the Mud Run. Why don’t you change your cover photo to our mud run photo, to let people know that you will be taking part.
Here are some important things to know about The Mud Run!
What to wear?
- No phones, watches, jewellery or headphones etc. on the course
- Wear old clothing light/ tight fitting, leggings, tops, etc. and training shoes. Heavy cotton clothing is not suitable -these get very heavy when wet
- Bring your own towels and wipes and plastic bag to bring home your own muddy wet clothing
- Fancy dress – why not? As long as it is not expected to be clean afterwards!
- Event t- shirts will be available for on-line registered participants
- From M8 motorway Exit at Junction 13 direction Lynch Army Camp, Fermoy, Kilworth
- SAT NAV co-ordinates 52.226603, -8.277703.
- From N 73 Mallow and R 513 Limerick follow direction signs around Mitchelstown
- Follow directions from the Car Park stewards to your parking area
- Cars parked at owner’s risk
Storage of Valuables and personal items
- A key drop area will be available for participants; car keys and 1 phone only
- An area for bags will be available; no responsibility for the content will be taken. This area will be supervised. Kit bags left at participants own risk. No valuables in your kit bags please
- Spectators are welcome but children must be under the care of a responsible adult at all times. Please note that this is a working farm NOT a play area and participants, spectators and family are requested to not interfere with the farm animals in any way and to take all rubbish home or use the bins provided
Food and Refreshments
- Food and drinks will be for sale at the event
- First Aid will be provided, but do have some plasters in your car
- For those of you that take sponsor cards thank you so much. Please bring your cards and funds raised on the day and go to The Mercy Fundraising stand to make your donation.
- Did you know that lots of companies offer schemes where they will match the money you raise to support the charity of your choice? Why not check out if your employer offers such a scheme. You could raise even more money for the Mercy Hospital Foundation.
Check out some of the pictures below from previous Mud Runs!
Twitter hashtag #Mucky4Mercy