Saturday April 4th
This year’s Fort 2 Fort Charity Cycle will raise funds for the Mercy University Hospital Foundation, four Cork City and County Lions Clubs, and Camden Fort Meagher Restoration.
With 4 different routes to choose from, refreshments along the way and incredible views of Cork Harbour, the second largest natural harbour in the world, the 2020 Fort 2 Fort Charity Cycle is not to be missed!
If you need any more convincing, click here for some incredible footage of previous years cycle!
All routes start and end at Camden Fort Meagher. Please note that all routes have some changes to them for the 2020 Fort2Fort Charity Cycle. Please familiarise yourself with them. View our routes here including the Couch-40KM:
You may still register on Friday, April 3rd from 5-8 pm in the Radisson Blu, Little Island for €45 or on Saturday, April 4th from 7.30-9am in Crosshaven GAA Club for €50. Each participant must register separately and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the event.
Sign-in: All cyclists must sign in prior to the cycle to receive their event number and emergency contact details! Sign-in will be available from 7:30am-9:00am at Crosshaven GAA Club on the morning of the cycle.
If you have already registered online: Please ensure you have a copy of your receipt email and bring it with you to SIGN IN. You can sign in for a friend only if you have their printed Receipt email.
Saturday, 4th April in Crosshaven GAA Club from 7.30am – 9.00am.
Please note the location for Fort2Fort Administration is at Crosshaven GAA Club. This area is 2 to 3 minutes approximately from the Start line Location Map: http://bit.ly/2mo9iFb. Stewards will be on hand to direct you.
Registration (€50 on Sunday) and Sign In will finish at 9.00am sharp.
At SIGN IN you will receive the following:
- Your Event number for your bike and helmet with chip timing (You must attach to the left-hand side of your helmet.)
- Emergency & Breakdown numbers
- Event Souvenir
* We strongly recommend that cyclists arrive as early as possible on the morning of the cycle to avoid any possible delays. Each route will start on time from Camden Fort Meagher.
Official Start Times
120 km starts at 9:30 am
85 km starts at 9:40 am
65 km starts at 9:50 am
40 km starts at 10:00 am
Parking can be located close to Camden Fort Meagher, at Crosshaven GAA Club grounds and the Crosshaven AFC grounds. Please do not obstruct parking around residential housing. Stewards will be there to assist you.
IMPORTANT: NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED UP TO CARPARK AFTER 9.15AM AS THE CYCLE STARTS AT 9.30 AM, THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF CYCLISTS. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY.
There is a food stop at Bramley Lodge for the 65km, 85km and 120km. A food stop will also be available in Camden Fort Meaghar for the 40km cyclists only!
ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE NOTE:
* There is no personal insurance cover for this event, we strongly recommend you get your own personal cover.
* Each event will be opened by the LEAD BIKE.
* Participants MUST NOT begin their event ahead of the LEAD BIKE as the route will not be OPEN. This means that there will be no marshals, no medical cover, no support vehicles, no food or water stops and critically, will not be covered by the Event Insurance.
* Your event number with your chip timing must be worn on your bicycle saddle stem and on the left-hand side of your helmet at all times during the event.
* A hard shell cycling helmet is compulsory for every participant.
* We ask all participants to remember that this event is being run on open roads and the rules of the road apply at all times. All participants are responsible for their own safety and participate at their own risk.
* Please ensure that your bicycle is in a roadworthy condition (correctly working brakes, gears etc.) and that your wheels are fully inflated. Please bring a pump, spare tubes and puncture repair kit.
* Bring a sense of fun, enjoyment and achievement – this is your day and you have worked hard to be here.
The Charities & Sponsors
All of the funds raised will go directly to Cork Lions Club projects, the Mercy Hospital Foundation’s Cancer Appeal and the Camden Fort Meagher Restoration Fund.
We raise funds which impact the lives of the 100,000 patients treated at the Mercy University Hospital every year. In our small country, 30,000 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed by the end of this year. For those people in Munster diagnosed with cancer, The Mercy will be at the forefront of diagnosis, research, treatment and care. We will be Leading the Fight Against Cancer.
Lions Clubs of Cork
Irish Lions are members of Lions Clubs International, a community service organisation dedicated Lions Club Logo to the idea that the men and women who live in a community are in the best position to know who needs help and why. Our association is both non-political and non-sectarian. Clubs around the island of Ireland organise events throughout the year to provide funds to support local people on national and international projects. Because we’re local, we can serve the unique needs of the communities we live in. If you want to find out more about Lions Clubs just click here.
Camden Fort Meagher Restoration
The Camden Fort Meagher Restoration project is a community-backed team of volunteers, staff, scheme workers, apprentices supported by project partners. Formed in 2010 to help, in partnership with Cork County Council and with a huge commitment from FAS, the “Major Clean Up” of Camden Fort Meagher. The initial aim to get the Fort to a position where it’s facilities could be used for the betterment of the community and beyond have been achieved in some style, going from 21 years of overgrowth and closure to welcoming on average 1000 visitors each open weekend.