The annual Make Your Mark on Cancer Walk from the Viaduct to Bandon has gone Virtual for 2020. This year we want you to partake on YOUR own walk between the dates 5th to the 18th October 2020. Following the guidance of the HSE, rather than hosting the Make Your Mark on Cancer physical walk, we are unveiling fun, creative ways to celebrate Make Your Mark on Cancer together with a Virtual Experience.
Set up an online fundraising page by clicking HERE or click ‘Start Fundraising’ and start asking family and friends to sponsor you. If you raise more than €100 you will receive a bespoke Make Your Mark on Cancer medal!
Pay the usual registration fee of €25 by clicking HERE to make a donation.
2. Use a walking tracking app via your phone or smartwatch/fitbit to track your progress while on your walk between 5th to 18th October. You can walk all 22km in one go or over a number of days. Totally up to you!! Take a screenshot of your distance once you complete the walk and post on Facebook and tag @makeyourmarkonc
3. Lets get creative, send your photos, selfies and show off some of your Make Your Mark t-shirts you have redesigned over the years!!
To register visit justgiving.com/campaign/makeyourmark.
To track your progress you can use any fitness app and make sure you post and tag the Make your Mark on Cancer facebook page or update it to your JustGiving fundraising page.
You can also connect your Just Giving Page with Strava to easily update your fundraising page:
- Login to your Just giving fundraising account and visit your Fundraising page.
- Scroll down slightly on your page and click the ‘Connect with Strava’
- This will prompt you to log in / Register for your Strava account and give Just Giving permission to access your account.