Sunday, 31st May 2020
Join Team Mercy for the Cork City Marathon this year and help us to support advancements in research, diagnosis, treatments and care of patients at Mercy University Hospital. Now, more than ever, your support is vital. Please come on board and run the Cork City Marathon for the Mercy, the People?s Hospital.
Interested in taking part? You have a?number of options:
- Full Marathon – 26 mile marathon course
- Half Marathon – 13 mile course
- Team Relay ? a great option for runners, joggers and walkers of all levels who want to take part in the Cork City Marathon
- Youth Team Relay ? if you?re over 16 years you can be part in a relay team of 5 and complete a maximum of 5.8 miles
Why join Team Mercy??
Aisling McEvoy has run the Cork City Marathon in aid of the Cancer Appeal of the Mercy University Hospital Foundation 2 years in a row in order to make a difference and help somebody else through their struggle. Having lost her brother, mother and father over the years, Aisling found that running helped her to cope with the grief.
“For me, the only time I have to grieve is when I run. To be able to get up in the morning and run, and gather your thoughts is invaluable. It helps that fog to lift for a while, and you become grateful that you have your health. You can organise your?thoughts and come back with a more positive mindset.”
Running for a cause close to your heart or in memory of a loved one can be a great push over the finish line. For Aisling, challenging herself to run the Cork City Marathon in aid of the Mercy Hospital has thought her 3 things;
- How to keep going long after you think you can’t
- How to push yourself through the pain barrier and out of your comfort zone
- How to keep positive thoughts to the forefront of your mind, and how much it’s down to mental strength as much as physical strength.?
What do you do next?
Get support behind you
Why not set up your own iDonate page, Facebook Fundraiser or EveryDay Hero and encourage friends and family (near and far) to show their support by donating on your sponsorship page. It’s easy to set up your own sponsorship page, see how it’s done here.
Full list of Registration Fees is available on the Cork City Marathon website. Click here to view.
For further information, please contact Caitriona on 021 4223132.?