Saturday October 23rd
The 2020 Fort2Fort Charity cycle is delighted to announce Fort2Fort will go virtual for the month of October . So you can still be a part of the Fort2Fort day from anywhere in the world whilst following Government Guidelines.
Virtual Fort2Fort Cycle
Due to the Covid-19 crisis we are introducing the first ever Fort2Fort virtual Charity cycle, which will run from 1st of October to the 31st of October, where you can cycle any of the 4 distances in your local area (this could be anywhere from your back garden to your local cycling route). Just use your preferred tracking app to record your distance and submit this to us to receive your well-earned medal.
- How it works:
- Register your details on mercyfundraising.ie
- Cycle 40km, 65km, 85km or 120km any time, anywhere between the 1st and 31st of October.
You can do this in several goes or all at once. Whatever you are comfortable with.
- Track your progress using any of the apps on your smart devices.
- Take some creative pictures of you and your route along the way.
- Make sure to post your progress and your pictures on social Media and Tag @MercyHospitalFoundationCork and @Lionsfort2fort.
- After the 1st of November Gifts will be posted to cyclists.
ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE NOTE:
* There is no personal insurance cover for this event, we strongly recommend you get your own personal cover.
* A hard shell cycling helmet is compulsory for every participant.
* We ask all participants to remember that when cycling on open roads / cycle paths and the rules of the road apply at all times. All participants are responsible for their own safety and participate at their own risk.
* Please ensure that your bicycle is in a roadworthy condition (correctly working brakes, gears etc.) and that your wheels are fully inflated. Please bring a pump, spare tubes and puncture repair kit.
* Bring a sense of fun, enjoyment and achievement, this is your day and you have worked hard to be here.
The Charities & Sponsors
All of the funds raised will go directly to the Mercy Hospital Foundation’s Cancer Appeal.
Mercy University Hospital Foundation
We raise funds which impact the lives of the 100,000 patients treated at the Mercy University Hospital every year. In our small country, 30,000 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed by the end of this year. For those people in Munster diagnosed with cancer, The Mercy will be at the forefront of diagnosis, research, treatment and care. We will be Leading the Fight Against Cancer.