The Mercy University Hospital Foundation is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. The Statement exists to:
- Improve fundraising practice
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support
We, the Mercy University Hospital Foundation have considered the Statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out. We welcome your feedback on our performance.
- We are committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and have formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of our governing body.
- We confirm our commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by a statement to that effect in our annual report.
- We have a Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- We regularly monitor compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and compliance reports are received regularly by our governing body.
- We consider the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all our fundraising activities.
- We have a policy on working with third party fundraisers.
- We provide honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public.
- We have appointed a member of our governing body and/or a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- We ensure that our fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation.
- We have a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Feedback is recorded for review by relevant staff including the CEO and our governing body. Feedback is responded to promptly and appropriately.
- We prepare financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 which include a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources.
- We ensure that all donations are tracked and recorded and comply with data protection requirements.
- We are accessible to the public through a number of readily available contact options.
- We are open about whether those seeking donations on our behalf are volunteers, employees of the organisation or are third party agents.
- Anyone fundraising on behalf of the Mercy University Hospital Foundation must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e. volunteers, employees or third party agents.