Job Title: Junior Community and Events Fundraiser
Reporting to: Campaigns and Community Manager
Location: Mercy University Hospital Foundation, 26 Henry St., Cork.
Duration: 6-month contract
Hours: 9-5 pm. Mon-Fri.
Work will be required on weekends/evenings which can be claimed back as time in lieu in normal working hours.
Due to operational requirements, the Mercy University Hospital Foundation is currently recruiting a Junior Community and Events Fundraiser.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in gaining significant hands-on experience in community fundraising and events.
This exciting and challenging role will include:
- Co-ordination of our Golf Classic event
- Ad hoc community fundraising assistance
- Co-ordination of the It’s a Man’s Thing
- Attend cheque presentations as necessary
- Ensure all communications with donors and information are logged on the database for future reference in order to maximise fundraising results
- Work to continuously improve the Foundation’s operations so as to firmly establish the Foundation as a charity of choice
- To contribute towards the Foundation being a supportive, positive and effective workplace
- Ensuring the shared folder is continually updated
- Contributing towards the Foundation being a highly regarded and ethical charity
Skills and Experience in any of these areas would be an advantage:
- Third Level qualification
- Event Planning experience
- Public Speaking experience
- Telemarketing experience
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency using databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities with the capability to manage projects in line with organisational requirements
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and creative skills with ability to work on own initiative but also as an integral member of the team
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Enthusiastic, efficient and hard working with a positive can-do attitude
- Flexible ability to deal with last minute tasks and integrate them with the overall workload
- Responsible, Reliable and honest
- Stays calm under pressure
- Passion for fundraising and charity work
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of the Mercy University Hospital Foundation
- Hard Working with a positive can-do attitude
- Own car, clean driving license (essential)
To apply for the role, please email CV and Cover Letter to Deirdre Finn at email@example.com Tel 021 -4274076
Closing date for applications 17th January 2018