The Mercy University Hospital Foundation is currently recruiting a Part-Time Shop Collection Box Co-ordinator.
We are looking for an individual to be responsible for placing boxes in shops and businesses on behalf of The Foundation as well as collecting and counting the coin on a regular basis.
Job Title: Part-Time Shop Collection Box Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Hours: Hours are flexible but notice of a week must be given for holiday days
Annual Leave: A maximum of 3 weeks in a row can be taken for annual leave
- €10 per box placement
- 20% of takings per box
- Parking while in office counting coin
- Petrol costs (receipts must be provided and itinerary must be typed out)
- Lunch costs of €10 when outside the city and suburban areas (receipts must be provided)
Location: Covering box collections in Cork city, Cork County and the greater Munster area
- Plan out routes that maximise income and efficient use of time and resources when collecting boxes
- Ensure that boxes are collected in a timely manner
- Collect full collection boxes when notified by the office to do so
- Write receipts for each box collected
- Engage and communicate with shop owners to get new box placements and subsequently build relationships
- Bring full boxes back to the office, counting them and documenting the amounts in each box along with box codes
- Ensure cash handling procedures are maintained at all times during counts
- Write up all new locations for boxes and hand to the Fundraising and Event Administrator to update on database
- Put new labels on the bottom of boxes and mark them with codes
- Type up expenses and locations visited each month
- Demonstrate behaviours are demonstrated which are in accordance with the values of the Foundation, namely:
Respect – for donors
Excellence – through ethical fundraising
Compassion – understanding our donors needs
Skill and competencies required/Qualities:
- Proven organisational skills with attention to detail
- Adept at time management and planning
- Meticulous administration and counting skills when recording box codes and totalling amounts per box
- Hard Working with a positive can-do attitude
- Responsible, Reliable and honest
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Google and email
- Flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of the Mercy University Hospital Foundation.
A friendly, outgoing, honest personality and a full clean driving licence with a car are essential requirements.
To apply email your C.V. and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications – Friday 19th January