Building the future on the success of the past
The Mercy Foundation was formed just over 13 years ago, and in its 13 years of fundraising, has made a transformative contribution to the Hospital.
In 2019 alone, over €890,495 in funding was made available to current and future patient centred projects at The Mercy. This included funding for facilities, support services and equipment as well as medical research programmes. 100% of the funds were raised through the generosity of the public, and through partnerships, grants and legacies.
Some of our highlights from 2019 include;
- Funding the Endoscopic Ultrasound Service (EUS) which helps detect and stage some of the most common cancers in Ireland. In 2019, we granted €100,000 towards a 4-year €350,000 commitment.
- Providing over €11,000 in funding for Motorised Comfort Chairs to assist with patient recovery in ICU.
- Granting over €100,000 to support vital research at MUH.
- Allocating €30,000 to continue our mobile nursing service for children with cancer.
- Granting €35,580 to the 3D Minimally Invasive Surgery System which helps surgeons perform complex surgeries more safely and ensures patients can have a quicker recovery.
To see exactly how much of a difference these funds made for patients at the Mercy University Hospital, click here, to read our 2019 Impact Report.